We have a great number of shortages for volunteers in all upcoming events.
We have an IMMEDIATE volunteer need for the following:
BAND Family Potluck on Saturday August 21st
• 6 people to help set up
· 4 people to prepare/refill drinks
• 3 people to organize and restock food plates and utensils
• 2 people to empty garbage cans as they fill
• 8 people to help with clean-up
During the course of the band year, we have many volunteer needs (Band Camp, Potluck, Back-to-School BBQ, Football Concessions, Field Shows, Concerts, Banquets, Graduation). For football concessions (our largest moneymaking event) alone, we require at least 70 volunteers per game.
With 200 band/guard members, we are asking that each family consider volunteering for 2 shifts during the football season, 1 shift for the Field Shows, and 1 shift at the remainder events.
We have a great group of parent volunteers who work very well together and we welcome anyone who wants to help.
To facilitate the process, a volunteer website has been setup. At this site you will be able to view immediate need sign ups as well as access a general form to volunteer for future events (OrangeSheet). We only require your name to sign up.
Website: http://hhsmbvolunteer.comule.com You can access the “SignUps” or “OrangeSheet” tabs. When prompted use user “HHSMB” and password “volunteer”.
Football Game on Friday September 3rd:
• 7 people to bake potatoes (10am-1pm)
• 1 more person BBQ Grill (6-8)
• 1 more person BBQ Grill (8-10)
• 2 people BBQ Serve (5-7:30)
• 2 people Bleachers
• 3 people Pit Crew
• 2 people Potatoes (7:30-10)
• 1 person SetUp (3-5)
• 2 people Snack Shack (5:30-7:30)
• 2 people Snack Shack (7:30-10)
• 2 people Ticket Sales (5-7:30)
• 1 people Ticket Sales (7:30-10)
• 4 people Truck Crew
• 4 people Uniforms
• 1 person Jamba Juice (5-7:30)
• 1 person Jamba Juice (7:30-10)
• 1 person Recycling (5-7:30)
• 1 person Recycling (7:30-10)
• 1 person OnCall Runner (gets whatever we forget…you don’t even need to be at the game)
Just a reminder to all Music Booster volunteers; everyone must pay to get into the football games, volunteering or not. Also all food prep volunteers must wear a head covering (scarf or hat).
Music Boosters Open Positions for 2010-11 We still have a need to fill some key positions. If you are a new incoming band parent, you are more than welcomed to volunteer for any job listed below. We have a great group of volunteers who know the ropes and will answer any questions you may have to make your transition smoother. Please contact me, (Eileen Chun,firstname.lastname@example.org), if you are interested in taking on any of the following. I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have, or I can direct you to the person who can fill you in on the details
• Historian - archives photos/videos for band use
• Photography - coordinates photographers
• Fundraising - supervises student fundraising lead
• BBQ Charcoal Starter (1 of 2) – Are you a whiz at charcoal BBQ? Reliable charcoal starter needed for this year's BBQ. Must be able to arrive about 4:30 to get the fire started before the home games – usually Friday afternoon, usually 5 per season. Training available.
• Music Booster Banquet (1 of 2)
Pick up your Lacrimosa Shirts at the Potluck
The first order of Lacrimosa tshirts and sweatshirts will be available for pick-up during the potluck.
For those of you who missed the order deadline, all is not lost. There will be a SECOND order – get your forms in BY AUGUST 31st.
Contact Shannon Taylor at 408-910-8208 or Shannon_taylor@comcast.net for more information.