Volunteer for Santa Clara Vanguard to earn money toward band fees
We’ve recently arranged for parents and adult family members and friends to volunteer at the Santa Clara Vanguard Bingo nights. For each night you volunteer, you will earn $40 toward your student’s scrip account (and additional $20 will go into the Booster general fund). Money in your scrip account can be used toward paying any allowable band costs. The person volunteering must be 18 yrs or older. They do not need to be a parent or relative of the student. They can be a friend working on behalf of the student. You can sign up for a bingo time slot via their on-line registration system. Check their website regularly. Volunteer times are made available a month or two in advance.
IMPORTANT: If you do not show for a registered time slot or cancel within the allowable window, you are responsible to pay the $25.00 no show fee (charged by SC Vanguard).
In order to get proper credit for your time worked, you must:
- when you register, please be sure to indicate you are with the Homestead HS Music Boosters. There are other Homestead organizations that participate as well.
- you must notify the HHSMB bingo coordinator, Barb Edmonds or Rita Allen. Let them know who is volunteering (names of each individual) and whose scrip account should be credited for the time worked.
Santa Clara Vanguard Bingo
1795 Space Park Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays @ 4:30 - 9:30pm
Sunday Matinee @ 10:30am – 3:30pm
NOTE: Each volunteer session runs approximately 5 hours.
What do you need to know: Wear comfortable shoes clothes. You are on your feet the majority of the time. This is extremely fast paced and requires you to be able to count. Please come with some enthusiasm! We have a job to do!
You will receive a $5 voucher to use for food in the cafeteria, with a 15 min. break. If you have any limitations, please let us know when you sign up as we do not have any sitting jobs. For every bingo you work, $60 goes to your organization.
You will need to provide your drivers license and social security number the first date that you work, as this is required by the City of Santa Clara. If you don’t have either, you will not be able to work.
With regard to cash shortages, we have a 3 strike program: if you are short greater than $25.00; the first time, you will get a warning (if over $40, the difference will be deducted from your donation); second time; the difference will be deducted from your credit with a written warning and the third time; the difference will be deducted from your credit and you will not be allowed to return.
Steps to signing up for bingo:
- Please go to the following website: http://www.scvanguard.org/about/events/
- This will take you to the calendar page. Click on the current month, or click to the next month.
- Next to all bingo dates when help is needed you will see a red "Sign Up" button
- Click on the button to select that date.
- A Pop up form will generate that you will complete. Please put in the comments section all the dates that you are requesting instead of clicking on all the dates radio buttons.
- Once you have submitted, you are not confirmed until you receive a Google invite for the dates that you are assigned to, so please watch your spam. If you don’t receive a Google invite that means that you are on the waitlist.
- The volunteer # calculator is done manually so even if it states (5) openings there may be zero.
If for any reason you need to cancel a date, please provide us at least 48 hour notice. If we receive late notice and/or a “no show”, your account will be charged $25.00. Please email Rita Allen at email@example.com or Barb Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org. We totally understand that emergencies happen, please just contact us ASAP.